Who doesn’t love Banoffee Pie? Apart from banana-haters and those on healthy sugar-free diets, obviously.
Assuming you’re neither of those (and if you’re still reading, probably best not), then this idle person’s recipe, courtesy of my Bro-in-law is for you the next time your children are:
a) particularly well-behaved and deserving of a treat
Serves 4 adults (or approximately 1.5 greedy children)
- 6 Digestive biscuits
- 2 bananas
- Smallish tub double cream, whipped
- 4-ish tablespoons Bonne Maman, or other reputably French-sounding Confiture De Caramel (caramel sauce). Bonus points for salted. Mmm.
- Crumble half of your biscuits into the bottom of 4 wine glasses, tumblers, or, if you’re going for cute presentation, clean jam jars (So chic! So rustic! So lazy!)
- Add a generous blob of caramel sauce to each glass
- Chop 4-6 slices of banana
- Add a layer of whipped cream
- Repeat until glasses are full or ingredients are exhausted. How long this takes is somewhat dependent on whether you used a champagne flute or a pint mug
- Eat. Ideally when your kids are asleep while watching a TV box-set of your choice